The Transocean line goes back to a self-titled 1958 model and can be the design elements of the elegant Breitling watches of the 1950s and 1960s. Breitling Transocean Chronograph Untime, an automatic clock with world time and date, designed for frequent travelers such as pilots and captains.
Like the current model, Transocean Untime is also the historical clock wore a world map on the decorative sheet. Also the long strokes on the minute counter at the three, the six and the nine were taken over by the historic chronograph. During a telephone conversation, they helped to keep the units of three minutes. Also the mushroom push buttons, the domed glass and the old Breitling logo on the ornamental sheet reminiscent of historic timepieces.
The world time mechanism developed and patented by Breitling provides as much more comfort, because the central hour hand always refers to the time of the time zone, which is top of the twelve. The Crown is adjustable through the city ring in the first drawn position. These moves not only the 24-hour ring, but also the central hour hand in hour increments jumps to the corresponding position.
Setting via the Crown works in both directions, and even the date jumps forward or back, crossing the international date line. Travel that is extremely enjoyable, because you can quickly set the correct local time, and still see what time it is anywhere else in the world.
- Strap and Buckle : The leather strap is clean processed, the buckle beautifully polished with relief logo. There are machined finish on the inside.
- Functions/Operations : Everything can be easily adjusted via the grip crown. The chronograph pushers are sufficiently smooth.
- Case : The case is meticulously crafted and polished and has a nice, strong side domed sapphire crystal. The handles are stable, with only slight play.
- Design : The successful vintage design borrows the Breitling history and combines them with contemporary size.
- Legibility : The contrast between hands and dial from too low and the writing on the world time display quite small. Easily be read in the dark luminous.
- Wearing Comfort : The bracelet feels luxuriously soft, because of the size is the clock but not tight fit on narrow arms.
- Movement : The manufacture movement is vertical clutch and ratchet constructively to the amount of time. The world time screen has been well implemented.
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Chronograph with counters for 30 elapsed minutes and 12 elapsed hours
- Displays 24 time zones
- Movement is caliber B 05, automatic, COSC-certified; 28,800 vph, 56 jewels, fine adjustment via index and eccentric screw, Kif shock absorption, Glucydur balance, 70-hour power reserve
- Stainless-steel case with domed sapphire crystal that’s nonreflective on both sides
- Fully threaded stainless-steel back
- Water resistant to 100 meters
- Calfskin strap linked stainless steel prong buckle